Recently we ran this posting on a job board called JobAdder.com. While the original post has been taken down without our permission, we wanted to make this information available.
We made a mistake in our copywriting. Where we have “remuneration” we should have placed “perks”. This was a fault in our copy checking. As we use templates to draft our ads on JobAdder.com, specifically to comply with their posting format, we failed to replace the word “remuneration”.
We want to apologise to our candidates and to our partner, Future Squared. For everyone else, the ad has been provided in its unedited format, and we would like to make it very clear that our internships are for the learning experience for students entering the workforce.
Web Development Internship – Future Squared
Location: The Dream Factory – Footscray, Victoria
Work Type: 3 Days p/week – 24 Hours
Project Duration: 8 Weeks (Flexible Working Days)
Classification: Web Development
Remuneration: Unlimited networking, communal lunches, yoga, table tennis, unlimited coffee, workshops, wifi, community events, career readiness training, hotdesking and much more…Industry Placements Australia – What Makes Us Different?
Our vision is to make work placement a reality for all tertiary students.How do we do it? We organise part time internships for current tertiary students and recent graduates to support them in gaining relevant industry experience that is linked to their studies.Industry Placements Australia operates on “fee for success” model meaning you don’t pay a cent until you are happily in your dream internship.
Working at the Student Experience Centre – Get Excited!
Housed in the iconic Australian Knitting Mill building, Industry Placements Australia is part of the exciting Inspire9 community, Australia’s original co-working space for Melbourne’s start-ups, freelancers and creative entrepreneurs.
The Student Experience Centre simulates a modern work environment allowing current students the opportunity to deliver upon project outcomes linked to their field of study. The centre engages the local business community providing them engagement with student resources in a professional, managed learning environment.
About our client – Future Squared:
Future Squared deliver deep business value to clients through contemporary thinking, awesome visual skills and technical know-how.
We believe that design is not only what your solution looks like, it is exceeding your user’s expectations and solving your business problems.
Our difference is our passion to understand your business and deliver a individual and straightforward solution for the best results.
We work with you to create a strategy to focus your business and give you confidence, direction and a means of getting there.
As part of the placement, the successful applicant will receive:
- Membership to Industry Placement Australia’s Student Experience Centre
- Modern community co-working environment visit dreamfactory.com.au
- Work in teams to deliver on real projects relevant to industry
- Guidance and mentoring from senior staff
- Professional reference upon completion
- Practical experience working with an established Australian business
- Network with businesses in the community
Placement Activities, Responsibilities & Project Details:
The project within the Student Experience Centre will go for a period of 8 weeks.
Successful candidates can expect to participate in the following activities;
- Develop high quality code, as well as customise existing legacy code
- Translate business needs into technical requirements while collaborating with all IT teams to ensure customer focused delivery
- Apply best practice in developing mobile first responsive web sites to run on different size devices
- Ability to write high quality front-end code that is lightning fast
- Conduct multiple-device front end testing
- Management of website deployment processes with the IT team
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and trends
What Are We Looking For:
To apply for this internship:
- Students or graduates welcome
- Current students seeking study credits for practical placement
- Willingness to learn in a dynamic environment attention to detail and process focused
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solution and initiative focussed
- The ability to work independently and prioritise their workload to meet deadlines
- Organisational skills and willingness to learn
To apply for this internship, the candidate:
- Commit to 3 days a week for a professional internship.
- Flexible working days.
- Commit to an 8 week project based internship
Applicants please attach your current resume and covering letter to apply for this role and send applications to: email@example.comPlease note: On successful placement into an internship, a one time administration fee of $990.00 + GST is payable by the student, to Industry Placements Australia, prior to commencement of the placement.Payment plan options are available.Contact Details:
Industry Placements Australia
Student Experience Centre (The Dream Factory)
90 Maribyrnong Street, Footscray VIC
p: 1300 729 501