Visa Options to get your Family to Australia

by Matt Strange in Migration 16/02/2018 0 comments

No matter how wonderful your journey in Australia may be, it is never easy leaving behind your loved family members. There are many types of family visas available to assist immediate members of your family unit to spend time with you in Australia. Please note that for some visas, the Balance of Family Test will apply, assessing that there are more family members in Australia than any other country for the applicant.

Partner Visa

With an option for both onshore and lodgement offshore, this lets one of the couple to migrate to Australia whether they are a married or de facto partner, as long as their other half is an Australian citizen/PR.

Prospective Marriage Visa

If you have intentions to marry your lover but you don’t yet meet the requirements for de facto then the Prospective Marriage Visa allows to marry your partner, and then apply for the partner visa onshore within the 9 month visa duration.

Child Visa

You can sponsor and apply for your child (under 18 years of age) to join you in Australia if you are an Australian citizen, settled permanent resident, or settled eligible New Zealand citizen. The child must be below 18 years old in order for you to sponsor them and apply for their visa.

Parent Visa

Maybe you are a parent of children or stepchildren who are Australian citizens, settled permanent resident, or settled eligible New Zealand citizens and you wish to be closer to them. Or perhaps you want to assist in getting your parents to Australia with you. Permanent and visitor parent visas have been made more accessible in the last 12 months to ensure you can spend more time with your loved ones.

Aged Parent Visa

Similar to the Parent Visa however you need to be at the age qualified for the Aged Pension in Australia.

Carer Visa

If you have a relative in Australia which needs your care due to a long-term or permanent medical condition, this type of visa allows you to move to Australia in order to do so. This also covers those who will only assist a relative in Australia who will care for a family member with a long-term or permanent medical condition.

Remaining Relative Visa

This visa is for those whose only remaining relatives are settled and usually reside in Australia as Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents, or eligible New Zealand citizens. This allows you to be with your remaining brother, sister, child or step equivalent.

All a bit overwhelming? Leave it to the experts! Feel free to contact us today for a FREE 30 minute consultation to explore your family visa options.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *